Monday, March 27, 2006

Bad Hair Weekend

It was a bad weekend for my wife and her hair. On two separate occasions, one of the boys pointed out that she needed to go to the hairdresser. They did not just come out and say it, no; kids have their own special way of letting you know things.

First was Luke. They were out to lunch on Friday. They were in a restaurant that is relatively busy at that time of day. This place also has some pretty close seating, so the other patrons are right on top of you. With the waitress at the table taking their order, Luke noticed something. He said, “Mom, your hair is dying brown!” This brought chuckles and laughs from different directions. My wife highlights her hair blonde. She has a brownish blonde natural color, but highlights it blonde. Basically Luke was saying, “Hey mom, your have dark roots, it’s time to go back to the hairdresser.”

Then on Sunday, it was Kyle’s turn. Vicki was holding Kyle and they were talking. They were having a cute mom and son moment. Then in mid sentence Kyle stopped. He got real close to Vicki’s hair and said, “Mom, you have some white hairs, did you know that?” This too bought on some chuckles and laughs. Basically Kyle was saying, “Hey mom, it’s time to go back to the hairdresser, and get your hair highlighted.”

There was not a third episode, because I am smarter than the boys. I wouldn’t dare say anything about her hair. I know better. The only thing I had to say was, “Honey, I think you look beautiful.” I am not crazy enough to touch the hair topic. I have been there too many times. I have learned long ago, that my opinion means little, and that I don’t know what the hell I am talking about. “Honey, I think you look beautiful”, kind of keeps me in the clear. So that is my statement, and I am sticking to it.

So, you can bet that sometime in the near future my wife will be going to the hairdresser and dropping $120. Thanks boys, thanks a lot.

6 Comments:

Blogger WILLIAM said...

So you are saying your wife is needing a HairWhisperer

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dark, white, brown, blonde... Exactly how many colors are up there?

9:34 AM  
Blogger Chocolate K said...

we all have our weekends like that.....hair is such a hassle....
love your webpage!!!

9:37 AM  
Blogger Lois Lane said...

HairWhisperer, now that is just plain funny! Boy that William fella is a funny guy!
Lois Lane

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, first... i'm sure your wife is not too happy that now the blogger world knows she needs to go to the hairdresser, and has hair like 'Joseph and that amazing Coat of many colors' but the important thing here is that I think Lois Lane has a crush on William. Everytime she post her comments on your site she needs to relate them back to William and his blog? hmmmmm

Anyway, why don't you make yourself look really good and go and get her a day at the spa, get her hair done, a facial, a massage, and then who knows... maybe there is a Happy Ending,

for you....

12:13 PM  
Blogger Alisa said...

My husband not only makes comments freely about my hair and my being such a "low maintainance" wife (I can't justify blowing $120 on hair), 2 weeks ago he went to Wal-Mart, stood in the hair color isle and spent 20 plus minutes choosing the appropriate color and shade for me. Then we came home and he colored my hair himself, and promised to keep it up as neccesary to cover the gray and blend the roots.....

I ask you, Who can ask for anything more?

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here