Monday, April 03, 2006

Lukey The Kid

Little kids are cute when they talk about growing up. I like hearing about all the things they are going to do. My kids have a thousand ideas, and they voice them often. Here is the latest.

Luke wants to be a Bank Robber when he grows up. He told my wife this just last night. Out of the clear blue, Luke says, “Mom, I’m going to be a Bank Robber when I grow up.” Vic chuckles and asks, “A bank robber? Why do you want to be a bank robber?”“Because, bank robbers are rich!” Vic tried to explain it to him, that bank robbing was bad, but Luke wasn’t buying it. “Mom, all the money is in the bank, I rob the bank, I am rich.”

So Vic goes on to explain how it is not good to rob banks, and that he could be something else. She tells him how people have to go to work, and work hard to earn their money. She gave him the old, “You can be rich in family and friendship” speech. She let him know that there is more to life than just having a ton of money. She did a good job, she convinced him of something. Cause when she was finished talking he said, “OK, I don’t want to be rich anymore, but I still want to be a bank robber.”

14 Comments:

Blogger WILLIAM said...

You should ask him if he is going to be just a regular "stick up man" or if he will get into the whole white collar/fraud type of bank robbing.

8:14 AM  
Blogger TAS said...

Kids are so adorable! :-) Nice blog by the way!

8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just think of all the Scotts Turfbuilder you could get with all that money!

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep an eye on that one! When I come to visit, I'll keep an eye on my purse at all times too.

8:54 PM  
Blogger Nature Girl said...

I love kids...he'll change his mind a thousand times between now and then. They're so funny...Stacie

10:17 PM  
Blogger Redneck Mommy said...

A bank robber is not so bad. My son wanted to be a plumber because his grandfather told him the quickest way to get rich is if you clean up other people's waste for them. Of course, it wouldn't have been so bad if he just announced he wanted to be a noble plumber. No, instead, imagine a four year old who told everyone who'd listen he was gonna get rich cleaning up shit. Lovely.

12:31 AM  
Blogger Meegs said...

Happy Birthday!

Hope you get to enjoy your day!

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday lawn!

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm with Luke on this one. Vic, lets' not crush a boys dream so quickly. I mean it makes a lot of sense to me too. As long as he doesn't get caught, you could also reap in on the money.

I just wonder if the whisperer had something to do with Luke's new career? I mean come on, what 4yo logically thinks this out? His father had to have said something along the lines of robbing banks would help pay for something!!!

Hmmmmm.... didn't you bring him to a bank just recently? ahh and if I recall, he made a bit of a distraction while there, and then it so happens that this small tike bandit made off with at least 3 to 4 lolipops when no one was looking?

Again, Mr. Whisperer is somehow behind Luke's whitty thinking....

10:27 AM  
Blogger Kami said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope it's a great one!

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you ask me, bank robbers are totally cool.

Happy belated birthday!

12:09 PM  
Blogger Effie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY A DAY LATE!!!!!!!

You survived growing up as a middle child!

12:39 PM  
Blogger Odd Mix said...

Happy Birthday, LW

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here