Friday, September 01, 2006

First Grade Trouble

Would Superman be ok with his son going to first grade, and the teachers name being Mrs. Kryptonite? No!

Do you think that Elliot Ness would like it if his kid’s first grade teacher were named, Mrs. Capone? I don’t think so.

Batman would probably pull his kid out of school if the teachers name was Mrs. Riddler.

Phil Mickelson would not be too keen on one of his kids having a teacher named Mrs. Woods, or Mrs. Tiger.

I am the Lawnwhisperer. I spend most of my free time taking care of the lawn. I do everything in my super powers to rid my lawn of crabgrass and weeds. Weeds are my archenemy. Why then, is Kyle’s first grade teacher named Mrs. Weed? There is no way in hell that this is going to work. She seems like a nice woman, and Kyle seemed to like her, but I couldn’t even look at her. All I can picture is dandelions and stuff. She can’t teach my kid. I can’t have it. I want him moved to a different class. My wife thinks I am crazy, but I just can’t see the son of the Lawnwhisperer, being lead by a weed. Am I wrong to feel this way?

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi John

11:23 AM  
Blogger Teri said...

oh that was funny!! Poor LW, just can't get away from the evil.

can you all call her Mrs. ____ (first name) instead of using her last name???

12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's all in how you look at life,L.W. Some call a dandelion a weed. I look at it as a pretty flower that blooms, then becomes a wishing toy.. as a little child makes a wish then blows off all the little fuzzies from the finished flower. The fuzzies float in the air and take the wishes to the wish fairies. Cheaper than throwing coins in the fountain. But so fun. Mrs. Weed will make class fun, beautiful, and interesting. She will bring hope to the little wishers. As long as she doesn't approach your lawn, you have nothing to worry about. Hopefully, she has a sence of humor, cause I'm forwarding her this blog. :)

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'd keep a close eye on her...perhaps...just maybe...Mrs. Weed is not lawn weed, but that other kind of weed...the "fun" type of weed...UHOH...should she be teaching your kid???

1:08 PM  
Blogger omar said...

You know, one of the teachers in my boy's pre-school is named Ms. Thatcher. I told my wife I didn't like her because she reminded me of thatch in my lawn, and she thought I was nuts.

Luckily, Ms. Thatcher isn't in my kid's room, so I don't have to face her daily. Good luck to you, man.

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

momo9 is write about what she said at poopandboogies. you need some help dude

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny, LW I thought you were more of a glass is half full kinda guy? Listen to your mother!

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so wrong.

Her name isn't "weed" as in "a pest plant."

Her name is "weed" as in "urinated."

11:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take another hit.

Ere!

2:17 PM  
Blogger Nature Girl said...

Think of her as Mrs. Weed as in weekinator (think terminator) that oughta do the trick.
good luck.
stacie

7:48 PM  
Blogger Sharpie said...

I fit makes you feel better - we can switch - my first grade boy's teacher is named Ms. Cummings. No lie.

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here