Thursday, September 14, 2006

Shit On

It’s a common phrase, and it is used in many different situations. When the workday does not go as planned, and the customers are beating you up. You go home and the wife asked how your day was, you reply, “It sucked, I got shit on all day.” You go out with the boys for a day of golf, and you get killed. You shoot a bad round, and the other guys tear it up. You go home and the wife asks how you did, “I was horrible, the other guys shit on me.”

You get the gist, to be shit on, is a negative. It sucks. It means it was a bad day, or experience. It means that others treated you badly, and it was not a good experience. In other words, you do not want to be shit on. So I take Kyle to his soccer practice last night. It was a nice breezy evening and I was winding down from my miserable workday. The last few have been bad, and I was finally enjoying the down time. I was sitting alone, enjoying the air, and the calmness. Kyle was practicing with his team, and I was clearing my head of all negatives. It was nice, I was unwinding.

Off in the distance I noticed a flock of geese coming my way. It is obviously the beginning of the migrating south thing. There had to be 50 of them in the silly V shape that they fly in. They were making that annoying honking sound, as they got closer. Now, I learned a long time ago that you do not look up when there is a flock of birds flying overhead. So I looked down toward the ground as they passed my location. Don’t you know one of those bastards shit on me! It hit me right on the shoe. Some people believe that it is good luck to be shit on by a bird. I think it is gross. I hate geese, go south already!

17 Comments:

Blogger WILLIAM said...

I think the owls sent them

12:42 PM  
Blogger jen said...

Bird shit . . . ugh! They must be friends with the rabbit family in your lawn.

2:19 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

yep, the animals just LOVE them some LW love!

maybe you should quit your sucky job and go work at the Philly zoo. maybe the animals will appreciate you more and won't shit on you...just a thought!

3:46 PM  
Blogger sari said...

The animals are obviously conspiring against you. They must have some kind of kick-ass wireless plan that lets them all communicate where you are and take their action.

You should probably check your lawn, while you're out getting pooped on by the geese, the voles are probably having a party!

4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

birdie birdie in the sky
why'd you do that in my eye
birdie birdie in the air
why'd you do that in my hair

4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The animals have a sixth sense...Stupid is as stupid does.

7:59 PM  
Blogger Jewl said...

At least it was on the shoe and not on you head... now that would suck.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Nature Girl said...

I soooo thought this story was going in another direction so that was a suprise ending for me. I hate geese too..nasty creatures..I hate them solely because they poop too much! UGH> Stacie

2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bet the shoes made it right to the trash can. L.W., SHIT HAPPENS! Get used to it!

5:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I'm late on this one....

Wow, what a perfect ending to a perfect week!!!

Just mark the week up as shitty one....

But I heard your week actually ended up on a positive note... So maybe it is good luck to be crapped on!!!

3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*laughs* Perhaps it was a reminder to laugh at the world... because that happening after a few bad days.. could give you a belly laugh to clean your soul....

or that could just be my view. *smile*

3:56 PM  
Blogger Nature Girl said...

Are you still there? Bring back the Lawn Whisperer! I miss your blog! Stacie

12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haven't we all been shit on long enough...where's the new blog????

1:37 PM  
Blogger sari said...

Yeah, I thought you weren't going on hiatus....???

11:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you ever going to write another post? I, as a loyal reader, am beginning to feel "shit on," as you say. Geeze.

11:21 AM  
Blogger Teri said...

I have to agree with Stepblog, where are you LW, we miss you.

12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LW...come out, come out...wherever you are!!!

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here