Friday, October 06, 2006

Guest Post by Momo 9

Like the rest of you, I’m tired of looking up this blog and being “Shit On” everyday. The “Whisperer” has been slacking with his posting. Time to get rid of that title.

50th Reunion

I attended the reunion of my 8th grade class last weekend. It has been 50 years since we graduated. It was so fun! We didn’t know each other. Why? Most of us have not kept in touch over the years. We are strangers to each other. But we had fun!

One of the guys mentioned how tall he thought I was in eighth grade. Duh! He was one of the shortest boys in the class. I had reached my adult height in 8th grade. He was still growing. Now he is taller than me. He couldn’t figure that out. Girls mature so much sooner than boys.
One of the guys who had a full head of curly hair in eighth grade is BALD as can be now!
Some of us have added a few pounds to our bodies.(well, okay, a lot of pounds). Most of us have gray hair now (all of us, but some hide the color with Clairol).

If we didn’t have nametags, we would all have been in the dark, as to who was who.
We attended a Catholic grade school. It was fun to remember each other and think about the good times together. We all have fond memories. Some of us had a bad experience or two, but the good outweighed the bad. Some of us remember nothing (Alzheimers setting in?).

Catching up on the last 50 years was the best. Talking about kids and grandkids and work and retirement was the highlight of the day. The thick bond of elementary school brought these strangers back to friendship again! Now we have a whole new group to meet with and chat with and grow old together with. How nice is that? Awesome! I’m having lunch next week with a woman that I’m renewing a friendship with, after 40 years. We are both excited about this.

Advice: Go to all your reunions! Don’t wait 50 years! They can fun and rewarding!

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you decided to guest post! I've been wondering where LW has been and what he's been up to!

12:38 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

that's a first, a reunion for 8th grade.

glad you had a good time and that you felt sorry for LW and put something on his blog since he's been lazy. : )

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't go running off to North Carolina with your lunch date.

1:53 PM  
Blogger ladybug said...

Thanks momo 9!!!
i was about to just post a reply to the shit-on post asking if he broke his wrists or something ;)

1:59 PM  
Blogger ladybug said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

William is running amuck with my handle....but I wish I would have posted that.

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Friendships at that age can be re-kindled very easily, compared to starting an adult friendship. There is something neat about a 3rd grade friend.

2:10 PM  
Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Glad you moved the shit on post down I was wondering how long we had to look at that.

I am looking forward to my reunion. I think it will be great to see everyone!

5:37 PM  
Blogger sari said...

Thanks for posting, it's fun to hear about your reunion.

Maybe I'll go to my next reunion, I haven't been to one yet!

5:45 PM  
Blogger Nature Girl said...

Great post Mom! I won't ever go to my reunions, but I always enjoy hearing about others...

Ps...I was tired of shit on too! Thanks for posting!

Stacie

6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your 50th 8th grade reunion sounds exactly like my 20th...You vividly described everyone there! Good to know nothing will change by the time the 50th rolls around!!!

Thank god for moms and guest posting!

8:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you rawk Momo 9!!!

8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is always so good when Momo 9 posts! Your reunion sounds delightful. Our last reunion, high school, was essentially about a dozen people standing around the bar at the Willow Inn. I ended up being goaded into punching somebody. Hopefully our class will follow your example and get better with time : )

1:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The least LW could have done was made a comment...

6:32 PM  
Blogger sari said...

Where IS the Lawnwhisperer, anyway?

sheesh!

(though...I redact my sheesh if things are not good. if things are not good, then I hope things are better. if things are good and he's just slacking...then sheesh! just to clarify!)

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where are LW??????? We miss you already!!!!!!Havent we suffered enough????Hurry back!

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please LW come back
Or please Momo 9, tell us more about your renewing of that friendship, souds great!

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here