Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Island

We have all heard the question, and thought about the answer. Well, recently at work the question came up again. “If you were to be stranded on a deserted island, but got to take one person with you, who would it be?” The question is something to that affect. It was funny to listen to some of the answers, but most were celebrities. Some of the guys were saying that they would want it to be the likes of Pamela Anderson, and Angelina Jolie, and whatever other famous hot chicks are out there. The women in the office were picking their idea of sexy men. They were leaning towards the Brad Pitts and Kenny Chesney types. Now, there was a clause thrown out on the Kenny Chesney pick, and it had to do with his cowboy hat. Without that hat, he loses some of his sexiness I guess, so they only want him if his hat is with him.

So, you understand the concept here. Someone asked me the question, and I answered pretty quickly, and confidently. I answered almost like I had thought this through before, but I never had. I said, “My brother Dan.” I got some funny looks, and laughter. “Yeah, make that, my brother Dan and a volleyball.” I had some explaining to do, so I did.

It goes like this, I don’t live in a fantasy world, so picking the hot celebrities is a waste of time. I would not take my wife, cause I would never want her to be stranded on a deserted island, she deserves better than that. If I am going to be stranded on an Island, I need to be with someone that can do stuff, like build huts, and make a boat. Dan’s the man. Dan is a handy son-of-a-gun. I could make a case for any one of my 7 brothers, but Dan wins, cause he can build shit. He can build shit, and he is not afraid of animals.

I can’t build anything, and the monkeys and lizards on the island would freak me out, so I need someone that can take care of all of that stuff. Dan is my choice for the one person I would be stranded on an island with. The volleyball would be there for me to talk to when Dan gets mad at me. Yeah, Dan gets mad when he is doing projects. At some point in the middle of building our bamboo hut, I would mess something up. He would call me an F-ing idiot, and tell me to get the hell away from the vines that we are using to tie the beams together. He would curse at me some more, and I would walk away. I would walk away from the building site and sit down next to Wilson, and say, “You know Wilson, Dan can be an asshole at times, but that sure is a nice hut we have there.”

13 Comments:

Blogger WILLIAM said...

Seriously though, you have to ask yourself would any of the hut building work get done if there was no beer on the island?

8:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LW, I have tears in my eyes right now. I'm so glad you came back. I LOVE your stories. You're so much funnier & more interesting than your brother (don't telll him I said that, ok?)

8:59 AM  
Blogger The Cluck Wagon said...

Interesting logic. And yeah, your brother is right I think - there needs to be beer.

9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my god! I am so glad to see you back LW!!! love to read your posts!

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HE'S BAAAAAAAAAAACK...YEAH LW!!!

and yeah for the logic of being stranded with your brother!

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd pick Kenny Chesney even without the hat...we'd find a cave to live in...huts blow over in hurricanes, and just think of the entertainment possibilities. A beer would be nice though!

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back, L.W.! Nothing like Brotherly Love! Dan is the Man! Good choice!

3:57 PM  
Blogger jen said...

Excellent logic, LW!

7:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um... Kenny Chesney is gay

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm SO happy you're back - I've missed your posts SO much!

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all, there would be 2 huts.

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stuck on an Island ? Definately Dan.

24 Hours to live? Definately Dennis. He will make it feel like a week.

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

um...Allyson...not when I'm done with him...

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here