Monday, November 06, 2006

Hi Lawnwhisperer!

Hi, my name is Lawnwhisperer, and I am a chipsanddipaholic. I have been clean for 12 days now. Let me tell you, it sucks.

This is not a self-imposed banning of my favorite snack; it is more of a joint venture between my wife and I. Somewhere about two or three weeks ago I had mentioned the possibility of the ban. It was a weak moment for me, and I said some things that I regret. I said, “If you don’t buy them, I won’t eat them!” I didn’t mean to say such things. I apologized a thousand times for making that remark. I wish I could take it back, but I can’t. My wife has stood her ground, and has kept our house chips free. All this time, I have thought that my wife doesn’t listen to a word I say, and here she is listening. Go figure.

My love affair with chips goes deeper than just the chips. It’s the chips and dip combo. Yes I will eat chips alone, but they are simply not as good that way. Also, I have three favorite brands of chips. I like Lays, the popular national brand. I like Herrs, which is also a popular national brand. My favorite brand is Goods, which I believe is a brand from around where I live. How can a guy not like chips when his favorite brands put in a sentence is Lay Herr Good? I may be reading into that a bit, but I think that this is part of my affection to chips. Anyway, I have been chip free, and hating it. I am a pretzel and cracker guy for the time being. Pretzels and crackers suck.

7 Comments:

Blogger Teri said...

I have to agree with you LW, pretzels and crackers suck compared to chips and dip.

that's what happens when someone else is in charge of the food shopping. Good Luck!

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ya know...my husband is a Route Sales Representative for Frito-Lay..which is a fancy title for saying that he drives a 15 foot long Frito truck..filled with all things chip related...Fritos, Cheetos, Doritos, Tostitos, Lays, Wavy Lays, Ruffles, Pretzels and all the dips that go with it...Bean Dip, Spicy Bean, Con Queso, Salsa, French Onion, Hot Cheddar...

He's a pretty popular guy..lol

11:52 AM  
Blogger WILLIAM said...

So you are saying that you put a ban on laying her good? I thought that would be about 9 years now as opposed to just a couple of weeks.

12:04 PM  
Blogger Jewl said...

Pretzels suck major ass... Did you know that they have these places called grocery stores? It's true, they sell chips... you can actually drive to one and buy some all by yourself! :)
I buy fat free popcorn when I try to do the healthy thing. It's not too shabby.

1:20 PM  
Blogger jen said...

Lay Herr Good. LOL You're hysterical, LW.

2:31 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Have you tried pretzels with ranch dressing? Not bad!

4:56 PM  
Blogger Me said...

ME TOO.
I actually only use the chips to eat the dip... and fingers come in handy when chips are gone. However, if chips are in the cupboard and we have no dip in the house, nor sour cream to make any from scratch... I will not eat the chips.

Also will admit; I will eat an entire container of dip by myself - and as many chips as it takes to do so. Even if it's the whole bag.

... is it needless to say that I only buy dip and chips about once a YEAR just because of this?

:)

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here